Clinton Study: Oil and Gas Production Environmentally Safe
This report by the Clinton administration Department of Energy was released on 10/1/1999 and outlines how oil and gas production can be done in an environmentally safe manner. This report applies to exploration and production in the outer continental shelf (OCS) and in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
Click on the Clinton Administration report to access either the entire report or selected chapters.
Here are the titles of some of the chapters and subchapters:
• Innovation in Oil and Gas E&P Technology: Making a Difference to the Environment
• Our Quality of Life Relies on Oil and Gas
• A History of Innovation — More Efficient, More Effective, More Protective of the Environment
• Environmental Benefits of Advanced Exploration &Production Technology
• Technology Fact Sheets — Sensitive Environments